Jan 25, 2015

Another mixed media layout!  This layout was fun and I loved the colors.  I use some metallic watercolors, stamping, and I also used some Liquid Pearls over a stencil.  I was able to make use of the tropical flowers that I made in my Tropical Flower Tutorial Parts I and II.

Something that I would have done differently on this layout is that I would have taken my time with the stenciling because in some spots the Liquid Pearls seeped under the stencil. It's not that noticeable unless you really look closely, but it bothers me.  LOL!   The other thing is that I'm not sure that I really love the large flower.  I think that a slightly smaller flower would have been better in that spot as well as a smaller journaling spot.

Otherwise, I love how the warm colors pop off the cool blues of the paper in this layout, yet the whole layout still gives off a very calm feeling.  I hope you enjoy this video process and that it inspires you!  Thanks for visiting.







SUPPLY LIST


  • Paper:  Prima - Seashore - "Under The Sea" A and B side; Cardstock from my stash
  • Embellishments:  K & Co. - Vellum Frames - Tim Coffey Travel Frames; Prima - phrase ribbon and journaling spot - Cut from Seashore collection; Tropical flowers - hand made by me; Jute twine - DIY brand; Nicole Decorative Accent Shells
  • Paint: Metallic Watercolors - Yasutomo; Liquid Pearls - Ruby Red
  • Cricut Cartridge: Cardstock frames - Home Accents cartridge; Title - PC font - Frankoin Gothic Medium
  • Pens: Distress Marker - Frayed Burlap and Wild Honey
  • Inks: Distress Ink - Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy
  • Stencil: DCWV - 12 X 12 Template Stencil (No name) The stencil has four 6X6 designs and I cut mine apart to make it easier to use.
  • Stamps: Tattered Angels - Seaside

No comments:

Post a Comment