Jun 28, 2015

Got Beer? Layout Process Video

This was an easy and fun layout.   I love using red when I can.  Red and gold go so well together that this was a no-brainer.   I am really liking the Lumiere paints.  I will probably buy more when I run out of these.  Obviously, the theme in this layout is a play off the "got milk?" commercials.  I tried to match the font as closely as possible, but I don't always have an eye for that sort of thing.  James has a beer foam mustache in the main photo and it just reminded me of those commercials.  He loves beer and if there's beer to be had, he'll find it.  That is basically what my journaling says.

I use some alcohol inks and some script stamping on the background.  I applied the alcohol using the usually method of a felt applicator attached to the blending tool and pouncing it on the paper.  It came out more spotty than I had expected but I was okay with it.  It reminded me of bubbles like you see in a glass of beer. The red loopy borders I cut with my Explore and I mimicked that loopy trend with the red memory wire that I curled up the page beside my photos.  I included an ocean vibe on the page because this is for our 2014 Cruise album.  The nautilus I made out of polymer clay using a silicon mold that I have.  I believe the mold is a Wilton mold.  I colored the nautilus using the same alcohol ink colors that I used for the background.  I also added a couple puffy sticker fish.

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy the layout!







SUPPLY LIST

  • Paper:  Prima Seashore collection; Red cardstock - from stash
  • Ink:  Ranger alcohol ink - Red Pepper, Mushroom, and Honeycomb; Prima Chalk Ink - Knotted Wood; Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Distress Stain - Vintage Photo.
  • Embellishments: Polymer clay nautilus shell - made from Wilton silicone mold; K & Co. - Pillow stickers - Travel fish; Flowers - from my stash; Memory Thread - Color Infusion - Red; Washi Tape - from my stash - red; Photo corners - Metallic Blue - from my stash.
  • Layers: Prima Seashore collection paper pad - stickers and cut-aparts.
  • Cricut: Elegant Edges cartridge - used for borders; Cricut Stretch Font - used for title.
  • Paint: Lumiere - Sunset Gold; Americana - Spa Blue; Gel medium - Gloss - Liquitex.
  • Embossing: UTEE - Clear - Melt Art; Darice Embossing folder - Lace Border 12" and Chevron 5X7 folder
  • Pens: Spectrum Noir - GB10; Zig Millenium - .05 - Red.




No comments:

Post a Comment